What is the Parent Council?
The Parent Council is a group of parents who represent the views of our parent community. The Parent Council has an important role to play in school improvement by ensuring that the parental perspective is represented and taken into account.
What is the role of the Parent Council?
The Parent Council helps to create an environment where all parents know that their views matter, and where they feel confident and comfortable putting them forward. They work on behalf of all parents to discuss educational matters that are of importance to all. They do not get involved in individual matters relating to children or staff in the school.
- Work in partnership with the school to decide on the key priorities to take forward;
- Provide a voice for parents in school on issues that are important to them;
- Improve the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school;
- Support the school to develop strong home/school partnerships;
- Communicate regularly with all parents to both hear their views and keep them informed;
- Support improvement by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective;
|Year R||Miss Ryan|
|Year 1||Miss Johnston||
Year 2 and SEN
|Year 3||Mrs Davison||
|Year 4||Miss Trunks||
|Year 5||Miss Lawrence||
|Year 6||Mrs Hayes||